2020 Women's Championship Regatta
Sunday, September 6, 2020
Come cheer on the top AYC women as they compete in Thistles for the championship!
Congratulations to the 2020 winners:
- Lucy Spearman with crew Evie Blauvelt and Ellie Spearman
- Kate Rose with crew Anna Lee Cahill and Trixie Hanson
- Amanda Hodges with crew Nancy Molitor and Jeanette Taylor
Sailing Instructions (download here) Organized and hosted by the Atlanta Yacht Club, located at 7120 Yacht Club Drive, Acworth GA 30102.
- 1.1 The Regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS)
- 1.2 Current AYC Rule Book, Section IV, Article B, Women’s Championship, will apply.
2 Eligibility and Entry:
- 2.1 The regatta is open to any female, who is a Member of the Atlanta Yacht Club, the wife of a Member, or dependent of a Member.
- 2.2 All crew members must be female.
- 2.3 Each participating skipper shall personally borrow a Thistle Class sailboat and race the
same boat throughout the regatta.
- 2.4 A skipper may not sail her own boat.
- 2.5 Interested skippers may register the day of the regatta during the Competitors’ Meeting by providing the name of her crew and the sail number of the boat she will be sailing.
- 2.6 There is no fee for participation.
- 3.1 Three (3) races are scheduled.
- 3.2 One race sailed shall constitute a Championship.
- 3.3 All races will count.
4 Schedule for Sunday, September 6:
- 9:00am - Competitors’ Meeting at the Point (socially distanced).
- 9:30am - Thirty (30) minute signal for start of Race One.
- 9:55am - Warning sound for Race One. Race Two to follow.
- 12:30-1:15pm(approx.) - Packaged lunches will be available for pickup at the Point.
- 1:30 pm (approx.) - Thirty (30) minute signal for start of Race 3.
- No races will be started after 4:00 pm.
5 Sailing Instructions (SI):
- 5.1 SI and courses to be sailed are posted on the AYC website.
6 Penalty System:
- 6.1 RRS Appendix V, Alternative Penalties, will apply.
- 7.1 The Low Point Scoring System, as set forth by RRS Appendix A, will apply.
- 8.1 The top three skippers will be recognized. Perpetual trophy to be awarded during the AYC Annual Awards.
9 More Information:
10 Disclaimer of Liability
- 10.1 Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk, RRS rule 4.